According to a August 29th, 2018 study by the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) Cardiology, there is compelling evidence that Hospice is an under-utilized benefit. This evidence includes:
- Only 5% of Advanced Heart Failure patients were discharged to hospice
- Of those discharged to hospice, 25% die within 3-days
- Readmission rates for those discharged to hospice are 1/8th other discharge destinations (4.1% v 27.2%)
What does this mean?
- Doctors & families need to be educated on the benefits of hospice including greater quality and quantity of life
- Doctors & families need to consider hospice EARLIER so they can receive all that hospice has to offer
- Doctors & Hospitals need to recognize how hospice is leading the charge in Value Based Care
To learn more: Call Kindful Hospice Today!