The Kindful Hospice Volunteer Coordinator…
Is an integral part of the hospice interdisciplinary team acting as the liaison between clinical staff and volunteers, who provide services that enhance the quality of life and the patients and their families. EOE
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develops and conducts programs for recruiting, training, and retention of volunteers.
- Responsible for screening, selecting, evaluating and counseling of volunteers.
- Supervises each volunteer, including establishing rapport, coaching, compliance, support and recognition.
- Coordinates with the Hospice Team to assess patient/family needs for volunteers.
- Monitors the Volunteer’s adherence to the plan of care.
- Engages the Hospice Team in volunteer program activities and the availability of volunteers for assignment.
- Communicates with team members, patients/family members.
- Reviews and processes volunteer documentation in a timely manner and in compliance with Medicare, licensing laws and Hospice policies.
- Develops and maintains contact with individuals and organizations within the community necessary to support the recruitment and outreach activities of the volunteer program.
- Hospice experience preferred, or minimum of two years experience in recruiting, training and supervising volunteers.
- Excellent organizational, self-management and communication skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to patients and families.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Can successfully pass a background check.
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services